"Hmmm, interesting,"-Me upon discovering these
Below are excerpts from "Murphy's Combat Laws" that I feel apply to nerf wars. They came from the manual for Valve's Opposing force add-on for Halflife. Very fun single player.
10. Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo.
24. Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing.
26. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
27. Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
28. If you take more than your fair share of objectives you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
29. When both sides are convinced they are about to lose, they are both right.
30. Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
31. Murphy was a grunt.
Keep in mind these are mainly in good fun although some of them just might teach you something.